BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dream Interpretation (HELP!)

One of the topics that I enjoy the most is dream interpretation. As a woman of science I know this is just subjective topic but still, I enjoy it a lot. Last night I dreamt that I had found under my TV desk a bunch of spider nests. They were all wrapped around a spider web and there were around 3-4 of them. I took them out of there one by one and although the web broke all the spiders were alive. They were tiny, with white stripes on their legs. Since my husband is scared of them, I threw them outside and they fall around a baby gecko (I’m really scared of geckos) at first I thought it was going to eat them but the gecko stayed still. The last spider nest was on top of a dog skull. I woke up and look up the meaning if this dream on www.dreammoods.com and the website say something like this:

Spiders: “To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck”

Nest: “To see a nest full of eggs, symbolizes your financial future and financial security. The dream could thus be a pun on "nest egg".”

Skull: To see a skull in your dream, symbolizes danger, evil and death. Alternatively, it represents the secrets of the mind. You may be keeping things hidden.”

Dog: “If the dog is dead or dying, then it indicates a loss of a good friend. Alternatively, it represents a deterioration of your instincts. Also consider common notions associated with the word dog, such as loyalty ("man's best friend") and to be "treated like a dog".

Lizard: To see a lizard in your dream, signifies your primal instincts and reactions toward sex, food, etc. and your anxieties toward these feelings. The lizard can also be representative of a person who you view as cold-blooded, fearful, or thick-skinned. On a more positive note, the lizard also symbolizes emerging creativity, renewal, and revitalization. It may also suggest that you are well-grounded.”

I then went back to sleep and dreamt with a cat and its kittens. The only thing I found about cats is that they mean “an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power. It also represents misfortune and bad luck. The cat could indicate that someone is being deceitful or treacherous toward you. If the cat is aggressive, then it suggests that you are having problems with the feminine aspect of yourself. The dream may be a metaphor for "cattiness" or someone who is "catty" and malicious. If you see a cat with no tail, then it signifies a loss of independence and lack of autonomy”

So what do you think all this might mean? I hope it has nothing to do with hubby L nor my family.

0 comments: