BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 8, 2010

Introductory Blog


I started blogging here a couple of weeks ago but two days ago I was told by Army Wife Julie on twitter how to link this blog to twitter so I can get followers. The first step is to blog about myself so here I go:

I was born in Puerto Rico 33 years ago. My father's family came from Lombardia and my mother's family from Corsica. I speak Spanish and English and know a bit of Italian but am not fluent though. I went to nursing school but I hate hospitals and yes, that doesn't make any sense...soooo now I'm back in college so I can teach Health or work with the federal government (I hope) in research. I love my field is just that hospitals make me feel like a prisoner.

I've been married to the love of my life since 1997, he's a physicist and also a soldier (soon to be an officer, GOD willing). He's been in the Army for 12 years and counting. We have two children, boy and girl, ages 12 and 9 (soon to be 10), two dogs (toy poodle and chihuahua), and four rescued cockatiels. We are stationed overseas but soon will be PCSing to wherever the Army sends us, which is great because I like adventures!

I love reading, read twilight (the whole four books) in a week so I'm a fast reader but for some reason I've been stuck on chapter 4 of "The Lost Symbol" since last month. Probably the Mason thing didn't impress me much. In my free time I like to play with my birdies and spoil my doggies, TV is a luxury for me these days but when I do have time I like to watch TLC, SiFi, Lifetime, Animal Planet, and of course CNN. I spend a big part of my day on the computer doing homeworks and taking classes and when I'm not around is because I'm catching up on the house chores or above all, spending time with my beloved children.

I love politics but don't talk much about that topic with any of my friends. It is interesting because living in a US territory, politics take a whole new meaning because what happens here and what happens in the Mainland are two different things and yet they are interwinded.

Most of my live I thought I was a snobby person but thanks to facebook, twitter, and the fact that I can now take a peak at ex-classmates's lifes finally know that what I thought was snobbyness was just normal and plain pride....there're some real cases of snobbyness out there and I'm NOT one of them thank GOD! lol

I'm a Christian but don't go to Church, I have many excuses and know none of them is really good enough so I won't go there. I also have a tendency to make promises to God, small sacrificies. Like for example, I can't update my facebook status until my husband receives his Direct Commission, I can't dye my hair nor wear jewelry other than my wedding band and dogtags until September. It may seem stupid but God and I understand :-) it is after all, a thing between Him and I.

I also am a volunteer at the military post we live in, I teach ESL to adults and in exchange I earn lab. hours for my practice as a teacher-student. On facebook I'm one of the moderators of an US Military Wife  group for hispanic wives. I usually translate information or let them know about how things work in the military. I'm now personally concerned about Military Etiquette and Protocol. I think it's fun to learn where all the rules came from and what they mean, besides, you never know when you'll need them!

Well....I think that's all. This is me in a nutshell! There's more I'm sure but it's Monday and my brain is still in low motion :-P

1 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

Hi there! Nice to read more about you :)