BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 1, 2010

Hating Officer's Wives

I have come across many blogs from Army Wives stating that they hate Officer's Wives. The last time I came across an officer wife here on internet she told me how her LV purses were real and not copies (weird 'cause we've never hang out so she's not aware of my aversion for purses in general) anyways...now that my husband has decided to become a Commissioned Officer (we are waiting for the board's final decision) I've been thinking on what I DON'T want to become. Don't misinterpret me, we do want this commission because aside all the honor and Army tradition that it represents it also represents a better quality of life for our children but we are not all about the money.


I'm very proud of my husband NOT because of a commission but because he's an NCO and will be (God willing) a Mustang (a commissioned officer who served as an NCO before commissioning). It might sound snobby I reckon, but by saying this I mean, that I'm proud of my husband because of all the things we've been through together. Everybody wants to do better and bigger at what they do but just because you set a certain set of goals for your future it doesn't mean other people's set of goals is wrong. I know someone who became a doctor and now updates his facebook status to state how important he is and so on....we know better.

We have God in our lifes, we don't only count our blessings but also make our blessings count. As hubby always says, he who's lower ranking today could be a superior tomorrow and vice-versa. I've never wore my husband's ranks and won't start now...I believe that the women who do this lack self esteem and confidence. I have accomplished part of what I wanted for myself and have set a new set of goals for my near future and I think that's what I am. I'm a daughter, an Army wife, a mother, a full time student, a friend...but among all I'm one of God's children and would never forget to treat others with dignity and respect because that's what my parents taught me.

Whenever an officer's wife asks me if I know who she is, I reply "why? You can't remember?" I carry the title of Army wife with pride because only the women that share this kind of life with me know what it means. But my accomplishments are only mine and so are my husbands. I know not all officer's wives are snobby and wear their husband's ranks, but the few that do don't do it because they are officer's wives, they do it because they are broken inside.

I know this sweet, beautiful lady who's a major's wife. You'd say she's snobby by the things she says and the way she talks....but if you care to look deeper you'll see a woman who's heart is aching for her husband's love. Since she doesn't have it anymore all that is left for her to do is to talk about how it used to be and how good the other parts of her life are. You see, the more a person brags, the more they try to convince themselves that what they say is true.

Winnie♥

0 comments: