BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 5, 2010

Me and My Bird Obsession...

I haven’t been able to blog in a while. My little sis came from Florida and spent a little more than a week here in the island. I got to see her three or four times only because I live two hours away from our parents and her husband’s parents. I enjoyed her company and miss her a lot. She’s been trying to have a baby for a while but they now feel ready to start the adoption process once they settle into their new home (they just bought a beautiful house). I’m pretty excited for them, they deserve all the new changes in their lives.


About me…well, hubby was in a mission this week and the kids have been taking the TERRANOVA tests so we have gotten out of our hectic routines.

A couple of days ago we heard a loud screaming in the sky when we looked up we saw the most wonderful creature flying free…an umbrella cockatoo! There are four of them, although yesterday only got to see three. This morning as I was drinking my coffee sitting on the stairs by the door, a cockatoo flew over me and another one said: ‘HOLA!’ (hello) from a tree next to me. I never saw the one hidding in the tree, but they were “playing” with me. I hope nobody captures them, I live in a tropical island and I’m sure they’ll thrive if people give them the chance.

I didn't take this picture but it is a picture of one of the actual flocks living on Ft Buchanan.

The two white spots on the palm tree are actually a pair of cockatoos.

Five eggs found in Sunny and Pichu's nest. (cockatiel eggs)

There are also Quaker parrots and parrotlets flying free on the military post we live on. They come every morning, leave, and then come back in the evening. It’s a wonderful spectacle! My children say God wants to play with them and sends all these wonderful birds their way so they can laugh. It is wonderful to see life and this world through the eyes of a child. I never thought I'd like birds so much but Puerto Rico has taught me to love these pooping machines to the point of becoming an obsession. I use my telescope to take pictures of them but they are to fast for my untrained eyes.

In other notes…I just discovered my cockatiel, Sunny, laid a total of five eggs! I still don’t think they are fertilized but we are keeping our fingers crossed. I’d be happy with at least one baby cockatiel 

Please don’t forget to visit http://www.helpfaith.com/ to help this six year old girl fighting cancer. If you want to follow her story visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/faithprudent

0 comments: